Friday, July 09, 2010

alarums, excursions and wandering commas

Photobucket

our next door neighbours had a problem with their house alarm - it went off during daytime a couple of times over the last few days, last time today. as a well-trained house alarm, it was making noises for 20 mins or so and then stopped. both times I went out to check the front and back doors and of course it was nothing, so I didn't think too much about it. I saw our neighbour after it went off the first time, and she apologized for the noise

today, she intercepted me in front of the house and presented me with a bunch of roses and lilies. I thought they arrived for me while I was out but no - that was from her, to compensate for the inconvenience :) I thought it was really sweet, although not necessary, I wasn't all that inconvenienced, after all. But she said it makes her feel better :)

So, now I have photographed the roses, and lilies are still unopened, so I am all set for flowers for the nearest couple of days

the alarm, btw, apparently was triggered by thunderbugs getting inside the system. you know them, they get everywhere. they are especially annoying as wandering commas on your screen, when they get under the glass (or whatever you have). And the next stage, of course, is a stationery comma - when they die there

No comments: