Monday, July 25, 2011

Kitesurfing

Yesterday we finally found the way down to the beach - not the town beach, but one at the beginning of natural reserve of dunes of Corralejo. When it's windy, it's full of free-range kitesurfers. It was windy yesterday.

I never observed the tricks they do before - I was under the impression that they just go to and fro very fast. I was wrong. Maybe the weather was appropriate yesterday, maybe it's something to do with the fact that there's kitesurfing championship going on the other end of the island, but they were doing jumps, twist and turns, you name it. There was also a fair bit of falling going, too. Shame that my biggest zoom's in a container somewhere, but I caught what I could.

Those guys are crazy, and I mean it in a nicest possible sense. I want to have a go too, one day. I probably would never able to jump like that, but I will try





fuerteventura images on shutterstock

No comments: