Sunday, April 03, 2016

Yarn Bombing, Calle Viera y Clavijo, Santa Cruz de Tenerife

We had quiet and uneventful Easter holidays on Tenerife. I didn't take a lot of pictures, except for some plants in the Botanical Garden and a whole street full of knitted trees in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. I am not sure who are the authors and how all that came about, but it looked cute. Have a look if you are interested.

Viera y Clavijo street is pedestrian for most parts, but even the googlemaps street view shows some of the trees

I, for one didn't know that yarn bombing has so many different names as wikipedia claims, including sweetly absurd guerrilla knitting. Monty Python's "Hell's Grannies" spring to mind ("... I mean she used to be quite happy here until she started on crochet").

I wish I was there when these yarn graffiti were being put up

And a close up...

I like the pig and the lion :)

Some are more simple

And some more inventive

Below you can see that the trees are quite close together

And now for my personal favorites

And a bit closer

And finally, even some 3D fauna

That's it, hope you liked it. We did :)

UPD: and here is a sample of yarn bombing from Puerto de la Cruz. I think you can see that salt and rain are taking their tall.

No comments: